Thursday, June 8, 2017

The Hobbit Book Review

The Hobbit Book Review

The Hobbit is a book written by J.R.R.Tolkien. This book is about a hobbit named Bilbo Baggins who is very content and happy at home, but one day Gandalf and a troop of dwarves take him on a long journey to take legendary treasurer away from a legendary dragon, where Bilbo may learn a bit more about himself too.


I find The Hobbit a very good book even though it starts off very slowly. The reason why I enjoyed the book is because unlike  most books it tells about the journey the things they lost, their nights in the wilderness their days walking, and when the action happens it does not disappoint. I am not fond of how the characters  do not show much personality, with the exception of a few main characters. I also would have liked to have more of a back story for most of the characters besides  their parentage. I think the best part  of the book is the section with gollom , for I enjoyed trying to figure out the riddles myself,but over all I find the Hobbit a very good book.